Nabarro Pensions Team
Fully revised edition of Nabarro’s popular pensions title offers practical guidance for the busy practitioner
Also features recent case law such as IBM on rectification, BBC on changing pension terms by contract and Procter & Gamble on TUPE transfers.
Pensions Law Handbook, Eleventh Edition is the definitive guide to all aspects of pensions law and practice in the UK. This practical reference work outlines the duties and responsibilities of key personnel and deals with the law applicable to specific tasks such as contracting out, early leavers, reconstruction, winding-up, funding and surplus.
Individual chapters also address the following topics:
• An introduction to pension provision in the UK
• Employer insolvency: the implications for pension schemes
• Employment issues
• Pensions and divorce
• Amendments and scheme redesign
• Personal pension schemes
• Commercial transactions
• Pensions dispute resolution and litigation
• Taxation of registered schemes
Relevant case law and new key content
The eleventh edition covers recent case law such as IBM on rectification, BBC on changing pension terms by contract and Procter & Gamble on TUPE transfers.
New material in the revised edition of Pensions Law Handbook includes:
• Automatic enrolment: updated legislation and the first few months in practice
• Incentive exercises: new industry code of practice and its impact on de-risking
• Age discrimination: Supreme Court rulings on justification (Seldon and Homer)
• Scheme deficits: the introduction of flexible apportionment arrangements
• Public sector transfers: changes to the Fair Deal policy
• Finance Act 2011: further restrictions on annual and lifetime allowances
Who should buy this book?
Essential reading for all pensions practitioners, accountants and HR professionals, Pensions Law Handbook, Eleventh Edition guides practitioners through the complex web of pensions-related statutes, regulations and case law, providing readable, easy-to-understand explanations of the relevant topical issues.
About the authors
Nabarro’s pensions department is one of the country’s leading pensions teams, dealing with a wide range of pensions issues for the full spectrum of clients, ranging from trustees and corporates to charities and public sector bodies.
ISBN: 978 1 78043 013 3 Pub date: May 2013 Format: Paperback
Price: £90 Extent: 978pp