Alison Padfield, BA (Oxon), Lic Spéc Dr Eur (Brussels), BCL (Oxon), Barrister
The Law Commission’s Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 – Explained!
Even before the ink has dried on the Act, comes expert guidance in the form of Insurance Claims, Third Edition, by leading insurance barrister, Alison Padfield.
Nowhere will you find such up to date, authoritative and practical explanation of insurance law at this time.
Not only does Insurance Claims, Third Edition cover the Act, but all the latest legislation and case law, including:
• EL Trigger in the Supreme Court and Teal v Berkley in the Court of Appeal
• The Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010
• Notification of claims and circumstances following Kajima and Kidsons
• Developments in relation to damages for late payment by insurers
• Establishing the basis of the insured’s liability to a third party following Omega Proteins v Aspen Insurance
• Waiver and estoppel in relation to procedural conditions following Kosmar Villa Holidays v Syndicate 1243
• Latest cases on brokers’ negligence including Jones v Environcom and Ground Gilbey v JLT
A new chapter has been added covering key issues in specific types of insurance:
• Accident insurance
• Business interruption insurance
• Contractors’ all risks insurance
• Legal expenses insurance
• Permanent health insurance
• Product liability insurance
• Professional indemnity insurance
• Public liability insurance
All this, contained in a book that is concise and accessible. Insurance Claims, Third Edition is punchy and practical. It doesn’t revert to ancient authority, where modern authority is available. It is all about presenting solutions to practical problems, rather than an academic study of the subject.
To this end, it includes footnotes that routinely identify relevant passages in each case by page number or paragraph. This means that you can quickly discern relevance, saving you valuable time.
Leading insurance law expert, Colin Edelman QC, said in his foreword:
“It is extremely welcome to find a book addressing the law of insurance in which clear and succinct answers can readily be found”
About the author
Alison Padfield is a barrister at Devereux Chambers with extensive experience in insurance and reinsurance. She is ranked by Chambers UK and the Legal 500 as a leading junior barrister in insurance and reinsurance.
Alison is the editor of the insurance title in Atkin’s Court Forms. She also writes articles for legal journals about insurance law and related issues.
ISBN: 978 1 84766 891 2 Pub date: May-12 Format: Hardback Price: £130