- The Immigration (Health Charge) (Amendment) Order 2020.
- R (on the application of Humnyntskyi & Ors) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 1912 (Admin): the SSHD’s policy on granting Schedule 10 accommodation held to be unlawful.
- R (on the application of EK) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 2111 (Admin): grant of permission in an unlawful detention claim partly relying on the suspension of flights due to COVID-19.
Refugees, asylum and international protection
- Hussein & Anor (Status of passports: foreign law) Tanzania  UKUT 250 (IAC): a person who holds a genuine passport has to be regarded as a national of the issuing State.
- R (on the application of Akram) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1072: refusal to reopen an appeal under CPR rule 52.30(1).
- Johnson v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1032: remote hearings do not breach GDPR.
- Secretary of State for the Home Department & Anor v RH  EWCA Civ 1001: asylum documents held to be disclosable in family proceedings.
- Y (Children In Care: Change of Nationality)  EWCA Civ 1038: local authority requires High Court approval to apply for British citizenship for children where they will lose their existing nationality as a consequence
The Immigration Law Briefing is part of the Bloomsbury Law Online Service. The full briefing is available here.